However, dental implants aren’t always ideal for everyone, especially if you’re on a tighter budget or prefer something less invasive. Fortunately, dental dentures can be a possible alternative in this case. Keep reading to learn more about dental dentures.
If you have been missing one or more of your teeth for some time, you may be wondering if dental dentures would be a good option for replacing them.
There are many different types of dentures available today, including those made from acrylic material, plastic, and metal. It is important to understand that not all kinds of dentures will work as well for everyone, making it necessary to consult with an experienced dentist who can help you find the one that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
Only a dentist with the right expertise and experience can design the perfect fit for each patient, thus ensuring comfort and stability once they start wearing dental dentures.
Are Dental Dentures Painful?
Not really, but please bear in mind that dentures often require multiple adjustments before they start to feel comfortable.
Getting used to dentures is much like breaking in a new pair of shoes. However, the only way to have your dentures adjusted is to visit the dentist and to have them remove areas that are causing sore spots on the gums.
How Long Do Dentures Last?
Dentures can last anywhere from five to seven years with the proper care.
If you have a serious medical condition that results in significant changes to your mouth and jawbone, you’ll probably need to replace your dentures sooner than most people. Some dentists recommend replacing dentures every three to five years, while others suggest doing so after five to seven years.
Advantages of Dental Dentures
Dentures may feel weird at first, but they present many advantages, including:
- Better speech. When you have missing teeth, speaking clearly becomes more difficult because it’s harder to form words properly. Dental dentures make it possible for you to speak normally again.
- Easier chewing. Dental dentures allow you to chew food properly without feeling pain or discomfort, restoring your ability to enjoy your food and to get adequate nourishment.
Dental Health Tips
Dental dentures are great for patients who’ve lost their teeth due to illness, accidents, or aging. However, practicing proper oral health can help prevent premature tooth loss. Examples of good oral health practices are:
- Brush your teeth at least three times a day, and floss once daily.
- Avoid sugary food and drinks.
- Avoid smoking.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth hydrated and to prevent gum disease.
- Visit the dentist regularly for checkups, cleaning, and other necessary procedures or treatments.
Dentures can help restore the appearance and function of a complete set of strong, healthy teeth.
Here at Dogwood Dental Spa in Waxhaw Nc, we have both the expertise and the latest in cutting-edge technology to customize and carry out the right dental plan for you.