Large facial pores and dull skin can be frustrating for many people. The good news is that microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, provides a solution that can help improve appearance of both of these issues, along with signs of aging like sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Microneedling uses small needles to create microscopic injuries in the skin, which triggers the body’s natural healing response. This leads to increased collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of large pores and improve the overall texture and tone of the skin.
Keep reading to find out how microneedling can enhance your appearance.
What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that involves using a device with fine needles to create tiny punctures on the skin’s surface. The procedure is intended for stimulating collagen production and skin rejuvenation, with the goal of:
- Firming up sagging skin
- Helping to fade stretch marks and acne scars
- Minimizing large pores
- Refining uneven skin tone
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
The microneedling treatment is applicable on the face, neck, chest, and other areas of the body. The procedure is considered safe for most people, but it is not recommended for those with certain skin conditions such as eczema, active acne, or open wounds. It’s also not recommended for people with keloid scars.
Keep in mind that it is important to have a consultation with a qualified specialist before deciding to move forward with the treatment.
4 Ways Microneedling Can Help You Become Radiantly Beautiful
The procedure typically takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour, and can be performed in a doctor’s office or med spa.
Here are the four benefits of microneedling that can improve your appearance and make you appear more radiant:
- Smooth Out Fine Lines and Wrinkles. Microneedling stimulates collagen production, which can help to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The procedure can also help to improve the elasticity of the skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Reduce Acne Scars. Acne scars are caused by a loss of collagen in the skin. Again, microneedling stimulates collagen production, which can fill in the scars and improve the texture of the skin.
- Minimize Large Pores. Large pores can give the skin a rough, uneven texture. Increased collagen production helps by tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of large pores.
- Improve the Overall Skin Texture and Tone. Microneedling can help to improve the overall texture and tone of the skin by promoting cell turnover. It can also enable skincare products to penetrate better, which can further enhance the results.
It’s important to note that the results of microneedling may vary from person to person and multiple sessions may be needed to achieve desired results.
Consulting with a qualified professional
It is very important to determine if microneedling is the right treatment for you. The procedure is safe and FDA-approved, but some patients may experience mild redness, swelling, and tenderness that usually go away within a few days.
Look more radiant from the inside out with microneedling! Here at Dogwood Dental Spa, in Waxhaw, NC, we offer the Morpheus8 treatment, a minimally invasive procedure that combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy. With it, our providers have given countless patients the best possible results in the safest way possible.
Call now and schedule an appointment with us!