The appearance of our skin can be greatly affected by various factors, such as aging and sun exposure. This can result in sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles that can detract from our overall appearance and confidence.
Fortunately, there are solutions available to address these skin concerns, such as PDO (Polydioxanone) threads.
PDO threads are a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that utilizes specially designed, absorbable threads to lift and tighten sagging skin.
Keep reading and learn more about PDO threads!
What Are PDO Threads?
PDO threads are used in a PDO thread lift—-a non-invasive facial rejuvenation procedure that passes threads beneath the skin, providing an immediate lift while firming the underlying tissues and stimulating collagen production over time.
These threads are made of a biocompatible material that is commonly used in medical sutures and are thus absorbed by the body over time.
Several areas of the face or body can be treated with a PDO thread lift, but here are the most common ones:
- Crow’s feet
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around the mouth
What Happens During the Treatment?
The treatment process can be carried out in under an hour, and this is usually how it goes:
- Your provider will mark where the threads will go underneath the skin.
- A local anesthetic will be applied to those areas.
- Once the skin feels numb, your provider will insert a fine needle or a cannula underneath with the thread attached, passing under the surface of your skin.
- Your provider will gently tug on the thread to create tension and gently lift the tissue.
- The process is repeated until all threads are in place.
- There’s no downtime, so you can go back to your normal routine once the treatment is done.
What Are the Benefits of PDO Threads?
Aside from lifting and tightening the skin, the other outstanding benefits you can get from a PDO thread lift are:
- Immediate, long-lasting results. What most patients love about the PDO thread lift is that you can notice a difference right after the treatment. PDO threads can give you a lift that lasts while helping to bring out and better define your facial contours.
- Quick recovery. One of the most significant advantages of having a thread lift is the reduced recovery time. Since it’s nonsurgical, there’s not much downtime required, so you won’t have to sacrifice an entire week to get it done.
- Minimally invasive. The threads are inserted into the outermost layers of your skin, but the treatment is largely non-invasive since it doesn’t involve any surgery or general anesthesia.
What Are the Expected Results?
Following a PDO thread lift, your skin will appear instantly lifted. Your skin will appear noticeably firmer and further results will be noticeable after about a week.
If you’re interested in trying this treatment for yourself, our qualified providers here at Dogwood Dental Spa in Waxhaw, NC, will sit down with you for a one-on-one consultation to develop a treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!